[Healeys] speedo stuck at 78 MPH

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Sun Jun 13 11:21:17 MDT 2021

See photo as requested.
For the pulses you have 2 options;
They sell a transducer that produces pulses that attaches to the old speedo
cable - easiest install.
or you can make a bracket (as I did) to attach a proximity detector that
picks up the bolt heads on the rear universal flange. I opted for this as
it then totally eliminates any issues with cable and rt angle drive etc.
The trip display and setup data is entered via a small pb mounted under
dash.
You also need +- ve supplies to the instrument. - ve ground only. A bit of
a fiddly project but great to have an accurate stepper motor speedo. BTW
they also converted my tacho to stepper type.
rg

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_-1804526133706681262_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>