[Healeys] Napa fuel pump

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jun 12 07:29:08 MDT 2021

Hi, Jim –

I don’t know of a NAPA pump, but the one I’ve used as a backup on my BJ8 since 2002 is P/N 8016S, from Autozone.    I think it is made by Airtex, but there may be other manufacturers.

I typically go outbound on the SU, then return on the backup just to keep both exercised.  My backup failed (after 20 years) in Montana on the way home from Conclave in Deadwood, but I found an exact replacement for it at an Autozone in Minot, ND and had it installed in 20 minutes.    It brought me back to North Carolina just fine.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large