[Healeys] Oil sump gasket/seal sealant question

Linwood Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Sat Jul 24 13:27:18 MDT 2021

Hello all, I apologize if this comes through twice. I am not sure that the first one got through?

I am ready to reinstall the oil sump on my son’s Bugeye that has a 1275. Not a Big Healey I know but the same knowledge base applies. I have glued the gasket/seals to the pan and will use hylomar on the gasket. What should be used on the front cork seal and the rear neoprene seal? Hylomar, silicone, grease, nothing?

Thanks very much.

Lin