[Healeys] o/d

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 11 06:06:40 MDT 2021

The overdrive solenoid has two coils.  A powerful one to engage the
overdrive and a holding one that just keeps it engaged. When properly
adjusted, the solenoid's plunger will open the switch under the rubber
boot to disengage the first coil as it will burn out if energized for
too long. I wonder if the first coil is burned out.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar