[Healeys] "SS" aka--scuttle shake

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Jul 8 16:52:01 MDT 2021

Well, first of all the structures are different between the E-type and the BJ8.  The purpose of the structural mod to the firewall is to stiffen it to increase its natural vibration frequency.  I did that mod and noticed the difference, but it didn’t remove all of the shake.  Allen Hendrix did his magic by balancing and truing the wheels and shaving the tires.  It removed almost all of the shake, and balancing the drums did the rest.  I consider myself lucky to live close enough to Allen that I can take the car to him when necessary.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large