[Healeys] New topic reply: Re: Replace Front Drum Brakes with Disc Brakes [The 100 Forum]

Bluehealey bluehealey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:25:42 MDT 2021

Not quite Eric.
The calipers supplied by DWR are similar to those on a BJ8 with the larger (2”?) pistons. The mounting lugs however are closer together than the BJ8 lugs.
The BJ8 caliper needs a BJ8 stub axle to fit, which adds considerably to the cost.
The DWR kit uses an adaptor bracket, similar to the BT7, to mount the caliper to a standard (drum brake) stub axle.
Incidentally the BT7 uses a caliper with a smaller piston diameter than the BJ8 at 7/8”. The DWR caliper, I believe, is sourced from a Ford Escort.
JM2C.
AlanB

Alan - from my iPad