[Healeys] BN1 PCV system

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jan 30 15:41:20 MST 2021

Looks clean, Michael. I am considering similar for my BN2 (but I plan to
fab a plate with an elbow to replace the road draft tube). If you plug
the valve cover vent, you'll have a 'system' similar to what I have on
my BJ8, which is an updated version of the original Norman Nock design.
This isn't really a PCV system, as the crankcase and valve cover will be
under continuous vacuum. I suspect some air is drawn in from the rear
'seal,' which is not filtered but helps to alleviate the infamous Healey
bellhousing drip, and likely doesn't affect mixture all that much. If
you leave the vent open--I'd put an air filter on it--you'll have a
genuine PCV system as air will be constantly circulated through the
crankcase and top end. This is what I plan to do, but my 100M is vented
to the CAB, for which I have a large K&N filter on the intake duct in
front of the radiator.

Which PCV valve did you select?

Bob