[Healeys] Backfire in rebuilt engine with less than 500 miles

john harper ah100tech at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:51:02 MST 2021

David

It is possible that your fuel pump cannot quite keep up with the fuel
needed at this top limit. I don't know what pump you have fitted but the
square base version or the double version give a higher flow rate.

Before making major changes it might be worth checking that the pump has
the correct diaphragm travel.