[Healeys] Tonight's Wiring Dilemma

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Thu Jan 21 15:32:53 MST 2021

Lucas being Lucas, there were many versions of similar parts...mostly
to avoid inventory taxes. They still got caught. However, the 2
overdrive relays 33177 were the same part number from chassis 138031
to 228046 when they then went to one relay-same number. Then the
screws mounting the unit were changed but not the relay itself. All
Healeys used the exact same part above. There were similar relays:
33217 and 33204 used on different cars that could look the same, but
maybe had there terminals in different locations. You should always
check the stamped part number and DATE on all Lucas parts prior to
installing them to be sure they are for your car. Regards, Hank