[Healeys] Not Healey, but Related British Car Stuff

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Jan 12 09:46:16 MST 2021

The fuel pump is screwed to the floor just above the rear axle on the side opposite the exhaust pipe.  The only part of the fuel feed system near any heat is where the steel line enters the engine bay.  The fuel pump itself is a square facet type.  It is larger physically than the Facet in my Bugeye and appears to have been installed quite a while ago by the looks of it.  After my inspection yesterday just to see what kind of pump I had i started the car up for the first time since going to In n Out a few days ago.  Immediately after startup it idled a little over 500 rpm.  Since I bought the car 7 months ago startup has always been followed by an idle of 1000 rpm+. I attribute this high idle to the Weber carb and the difficulty tweaking it with the correct jets and adjustments.  I have put together a set of HS6 SU carbs to replace the Weber.  I'm leaning toward a fuel pump failure so far.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:21 AM, john harper<ah100tech at gmail.com> wrote:   Chris
I agree but there is still the problem with the pump and petrol feed being close to the hot exhaust silencer and pipe.
I assume that this why the pipe was routed to the right-hand side of the chassis on later 3000
Keep well