[Healeys] Not Healey, but Related British Car Stuff

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Jan 11 17:45:31 MST 2021

 After a cursory inspection today I found a non SU type electric pump.  Looks like a large Facet type, but I can't be sure.  I also found that there are no filters anywhere between the tank to the Weber.  I removed the cylindrical mesh filter in the Weber and it was absolutely clean.  So I started it up cold and for the first time right after start it idled a little over 500 rpm.  Usually with the jets (probably wrong ones) in the Weber startups have not been under 1000 rpm at idle in the past.  The pump was clicking away as normal.  It has rubber type fuel hose on either side of the pump which should not present a problem.Don't want to, but might have to drop the fuel tank and have a look see.
Mike MacLean