[Healeys] Choke question

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 9 08:52:34 MST 2021

Soldering should not be an issue with a new wound cable.  However, on a used
cable, that may have some grease on it that will inhibit soldering, clean
first with a strong solvent (I use lacquer thinner), then use silver solder.
I find the flux that comes in a silver solder kit works much better with a
cable that is slightly contaminated.  I learned this working on older
English bikes that have a lot of control cables and are usually pretty oily!

Cheers, Mirek