[Healeys] Seat Runners

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 08:19:39 MST 2021

Hi All,

Restoring the seat sliders is fairly straightforward.

First, there is no need to grind away a broken 1/4" stud. I simply placed
the slider in my "Arbor Press" and the spot welds have ALWAYS broken away
cleanly! See photo.

Attaching the chrome seat slide lever with the two rivets is made much
simpler by using "Push Pins" versus hammering the end flat.  See photo.

New studs can easily be made using properly sized hex bolts and grinding /
filing the head into the proper circular shape and thickness.  See photo.

Cheers,

Curt