[Healeys] 6 cylinder engine washers

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun Jan 3 14:21:51 MST 2021

I agree with Ira-production shortage-there were more than one supplier
punching out these washers for the British auto industry using
different jigs. Back then they didn't care what the shape was, but
they desperately needed to ship cars to recover from the war. Mix and
match was the order of the day.
Here is a quote from my article about Austin from BMC Chief Leonard
Lord: After the war, the economy in Britain was also in ruins. Efforts
by the government to improve it, only added restrictions to automobile
manufacturing. It was a desperate time for Austin, and Lord decreed:
"Get the stuff in by hook or crook...just get it in." So many
materials were in demand but the scarce supply affected production and
profits. Hank