[Healeys] Yet Another Wiring Question

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri Feb 26 19:07:34 MST 2021

 No one knows the answer to my question I guess, but that's OK.  I called Rhode Island Wiring today and talked to a 41 year employee that only works 3 days a week now at 70 years old.  He looked it up for me and said even their expensive BN2 main harness did not include a connection from the overdrive relay to the transmission switch.  According to his records of past original wiring harnesses from BN2 cars they use as example, it is a single braided wire with a woven covering of white with purple tracers encased in a vinyl sheath.  On one end is a forked terminal to connect to the relay.  I was told this wire is 48 inches long.  Then a length of brown with purple wire is between the switch and the solenoid with a sleeve connector in the middle.  Supposedly to service the solenoid.  So, problem solved.  Just have to order the wire and components now.Mike MacLean