[Healeys] Wiring Progress and Other Things

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Feb 23 23:33:53 MST 2021

Just wanted to let you guys know my amateur attempt at wiring my BN2 is coming along as you can see in the picture of the firewall.  Tonight UPS delivered a nutsert tool I bought online to install 10/32 threaded nutserts.  As you can see in the picture the overdrive relay is now mounted.  Who ever did the body work must have covered the holes to mount the relay and I had no way to know where the original holes were due to the enclosed box section behind it in the passenger compartment.  My only option was to drill a hole and put a 10/32 nutsert in there.  You can see the tool I used in one of the pictures.  It worked great.  I have a feeling this won't be the last time this tool will come in handy.  The deeper I get into this wiring the more I understand and the more I see the smaller harnesses that are missing.  There is a shop that does classic car wiring harnesses locally here.  I know the guy that runs it.  Maybe I can get the right color cloth covered wires from him to make my own harnesses.  The dip switch harness and the wiper motor harness to name a couple.  The wiring harness was a gift from the late Tom Rocke.  Can't complain about a free wiring harness.  Just a very productive night in the garage tonight.  It's fun when things work out, which does not always happen.  The engine and trans will be going in soon.  Don't know how that is going to go.  Not a one man job.
Mike MacLean