[Healeys] Steering box oil seal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 14:02:46 MST 2021

I did it once, similar to what you've tried, but with 2 - 1/8" steel
rods. I either flattened, or ground one end of each rod, then bent the
tip 90deg as a hook. You want to push the rods up with the 'hooks'
facing away from the rocker shaft, so that it grabs inside the steel
sleeve of the seal to pull it out. Then, you can use the unflattened
ends to tap the new seal in.

I think most people now use a couple of the thinner seals, as the
proper, original-type seal is unavailable (I bought a spare from Gary
Hemphill way back when).

Bob