[Healeys] Number of cars BN1 -BJ8 still out there

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Wed Feb 10 18:35:39 MST 2021

Say, Perry- I am keeping track for the 1st year's production: 1274
cars in 1953. I have about 300 accounted for, but no one knows just
how many of those original BN1s are still on the road. If there is
500, that would be amazing considering how much abuse these cars took
over the years.
I have been compiling the list for years but just can't get the
cooperation of the community to come forward with their information. I
relied on healeydata.com for some of the listings, but that list too
is poorly attended and dated.
If you know of any of these cars from chassis #138031 to 150363 please
have them go to the website: healeyhelper.com and fill in the form to
list their vehicle. I am getting some assistance from British Heritage
Museum.
Currently we have 9 Healey Registries listed in Austin-Healey
Magazine, monthly from both clubs, but I do not know how complete
their lists are. There are less than 200 of the original 640 100-Ms
accounted for. Check with Steve Byers as to how many BJ8 might still
be around. Lots of attrition there.
Regards, Hank

Healeys"