[Healeys] Fwd: Head gasket

Mark Fawcett m.fawcett at cox.net
Tue Feb 9 12:35:00 MST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Fawcett <m.fawcett at cox.net>
Date: Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Head gasket
To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe at gmail.com>

Fred,
I can only tell you what I did when I rebuilt my engine 20 years ago. I
used the gasket set that was the $64 and I used the original existing
studs. I did not over torque the head nuts. The motor is still together and
running fine. I'm sure that many would replace the studs, and I did
consider it, but in the end I did not.

Good luck

Mark Fawcett