[Healeys] Spark Plugs

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 09:17:41 MST 2021

There is a lot of fudge room on the plugs. How many of our BN1 and 2's out there are still at factory specs. Our BN2 has nearly flat top pistons which bump the compression, yours may have electronic ignition or  a special coil, cam, carbs of something else. Most likely a large number of the cars are not even tuned to get a clean burn. The plugs give you a reading on what is going on inside the combustion chamber. Sometimes a factory recommendation is not the best choice. That said the N5C plugs in our BN2 seem to work well. Perry