[Healeys] Bastuck

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 21:07:02 MDT 2021

Michael,

The 'upgraded' pump sold by Moss, Bastuck and BPN all appear to be the same:

https://www.bpnorthwest.com/water-pump-uprated-bn1-to-bn2.html

(if you look close you can see '--STUCK' on the pump body)

Claims '30% more flow,' BUT--there's always a 'but'--per the Moss
catalog it will not fit the OEM brass heater line valve/nipple. The
cheaper one Moss sells supposedly does, but best I can tell it's a
County product. I've bad experiences with County, but both Tom Monaco
and David Nock say they have fit many with no issues.

The new one from AHSpares appears to be different, but also comes with a
barbed nipple:

https://www.ahspares.co.uk/austin-healey/big-healey/cooling-heating-cht101-to-cht147/premium-water-pump-new-with-34-pulley.aspx

I started to remove my pump, but found the pulley was loose; pump
appears to be OK.

Bob