[Healeys] Exhaust manifold crack repair

Al Fuller alfuller194 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:15:26 MDT 2021

I had the cast iron side cover on my BT-7 that holds the generator crack. A
guy local to the Detroit area repaired it and I had no further issues with
it. I'm pretty sure he said he welded it as opposed to brazing, due to the
strength required to support the generator or alternator. He also said many
to most welders wouldn't have been able to handle it.

So my take away was it CAN be done, but but probably not by most of us.