[Healeys] BN2 Distributor Cap

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Thu Aug 26 19:40:54 MDT 2021

Original equipment would have been solid core wires. The wires terminated at the distributor with small brass washers held in place by placing a short length of the core wire through the hole in the center and splaying it to hold the washer in place. This assembly was then held in place by plastic acorn nuts which screwed into the distributor cap on top of the washers. In my research during my last rebuild I decided that I would use a Pertronix igniter. The manufacturer recommends graphite core wires which pose a problem with that type of cap, because the graphite core can’t be used to hold the washers in place. I solved the problem by using small stainless steel screws inserted into the core to hold the washers in place, and thereby the wires in the cap.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554