[Healeys] BN6 front drum brakes

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 10:38:59 MDT 2021

I am working on the brakes of a BN6 and when I took it apart I was a bit
surprised that the bleed nipple on for the wheel cylinders is on the
bottom of the rear cylinder, which is also lower than the front one.  Is
this correct?  I did compare the new cylinders to the old ones and they
are the same with the same wheel cylinder used front and rear at each
wheel.  Every car I have worked on has the bleeder at the highest point
to allow the air to rise to the top when bleeding.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie Baldwin