[Healeys] Brake problem

Paul Leeks paulleeks909 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:02:52 MDT 2021

Hi chaps

I'm looking for some drum brake advice for my 100/6.

My old brakes were binding or not working and, on taking them apart, I
realised a number of the brake cylinders had ceased.  I managed to free a
couple of them, replaced a couple more and refitted with new brake shoes
all round.

Now, having bled the system with fresh brake fluid, the front drums work
fine, but the rear drums do not work (ie the shoes do not move) at all.  I
have brake fluid getting to all four wheels and I have no brake fluid
leakage anywhere (including from the brake cylinders).  The brake pedal
does feel slightly spongy (although not bad) and there is no air in the
brake fluid coming out when bleeding.  Also, the handbrake no longer has
any effect (on maximum adjustment)!

Any advice on where to look next would be gratefully received :-)

Many thanks

Paul Leeks
100/6 BN4

*Paul Leeks*