[Healeys] Trailer advice

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Thu Aug 12 12:54:42 MDT 2021

Here is the perfect example of a max tow. Based on gross weight as
Richard Mayor perfectly described. He is spot on for considerations to
tow any car trailer. One other factor is the tires and their load
rating (read on sidewall).
I could tow the Sprite (about 1700 lbs.) on an 14' aluminum trailer
with my '03 Ranger, but that was max. for the rating. I could not
legally, or safely, tow my big Healey (2400 lbs.), with this setup.
This trip to Madres, Or. involved climbing the Cascades, so over the
Summit was a special treat. Thankfully, I was able to find some 92
octane clear fuel which gave the Ranger some extra umph!
Be careful what you tow, and as stated, you also need to stop the rig,
somehow. Hank

Healeys"