[Healeys] OD fix

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Thu Aug 12 09:56:45 MDT 2021

When I rebuilt my OD hydraulics, the pressure increased from around 370 psi
to 510.
Because the piston bore and rings were very worn/scored I decided to
replace them with a more modern piston with O ring instead of rings. The
accumulator needs to also be changed as the piston diameter is marginally
larger - 1.125 to 1.185. At the time also replaced the main pressure spring
and the non return valve spring and ball. So can't definitely say which was
the culprit but thought it good practise to start fresh. BTW the residual
pressure holds for several days too.
OD spares in UK is a good source for all the bits.
rg