[Healeys] Speedo Drive Thread Size?

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 10:35:51 MDT 2021

Listers,

The most common BSC tread used on AHs was the steering wheel shaft thread
and nut.

Also BSC is the early version of, and was superseded by CEI - Cycle
Engineers Institute.

Both BSC and CEI are NOT Whitworth thread forms since they have a 60 degree
thread pitch versus the 55 degree pitch of a Whitworth thread form. The
confusion arises in that fact that the hex heads on either BSC or CEI ( I
can't recall off the top of my head) can be BS/W requiring the appropriate
spanner.

See the attached pdf draft of my article on the subject. Any suggestions
for this article would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt