[Healeys] [OT-No Healey Content] At the edge of Santa Barbara County, Cuyama is Central California's cowboy valley of enchantment

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 22:04:22 MDT 2021

I'll do that! I'm surprised I didn't see that road before, but we
usually took 166->33 on the way to SoCal (and Angeles Crest Hwy).

That whole area is significant to me, I put a crippled Cherokee 180 down
at the base of Frazier Mountain, in a state park. One of the rangers was
an A&P and we towed the plane to Quail Lake and hung the overhauled
engine on it.   I got buzzed by a couple Intruders during the break-in
flight (that area is next to an MOA-Military Operations Area).

Bob