[Healeys] PCV valve installation

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 26 18:22:40 MDT 2021

Bob,

Thanks for the info.  I've got mine installed, but haven't driven the
car yet - rebuilding a LCS pump for it.  I machined a 5/8"-20 - 3/8"
barb fitting to screw into the front manifold. Added six flats for a
wrench - Whitworth so I can be annoyed with myself at some future date.
To go from the 5/8" diameter on the valve cover tee to the 1/2" diameter
inlet on the PCV valve, I shaved the ID of a 5/8" hose and the OD of a
1/2" hose on the lathe and glued them together with rubber cement.  3/8"
hose connects the PVC valve to the manifold fitting.  Added hose clamps
at each connection and soldered the hole in the oil fill cap.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar