[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 14, Issue 142

David P frogeye at porterscustom.com
Mon Apr 19 07:18:21 MDT 2021

Current engine thinking is to move the wrist pin closer to the top of
the piston and to reduce the length of the piston (shorter skirts) and
zero quench (piston rises above the deck level). The 5th oil control
ring served the purpose of (oil control) and also to minimize piston
slap on the cylinder wall as the piston reversed direction leading to
cylinder wall ovalization and subsequent loss of compression. Dave

--
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/