[Healeys] BN2 Door Check

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Apr 12 00:17:42 MDT 2021

A big thank you to Jean Caron for pointing me to the most timely article in the March/April Austin-Healey magazine on how to replace my door check without removing the fender.  The article was spot on and it worked amazingly easy following Roger Moments instructions.  The clevis that bolts to the door frame is original to the car otherwise it would have been chrome like the door check.  There was one screw and nut that would not come undone and due to the less than desirable access to it I just put another 10-32 screw and nut in the other hole and called it done.  Heck, who is ever going to see it anyway.  The door check holds the door open as it should which should make my work inside the passenger compartment easier if I don't have to hold the door open at the same time I am working in there.  Don't know what I would do without this list and you guys.  Of course a big shout out to mark on the 30th for Team.net.  He deserves as much praise as anyone.Mike MacLean