[Healeys] BJ8 Exhaust confusion

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 2 19:26:34 MDT 2021

I don’t know how the BJ8 mounts are but they look similar to the BT7. If so, the bonded rubber block un-bonds with slightest knock on the pavement. I made custom ones that use the same mounting chassis mounting holes but it uses modern off the shelf rubber isolators. I had to weld the front mounting bar to the muffler. Not a single problem and it has been over 6,000 miles. On the BT7 the front mount bolts to the floor pan and the rear mount bolts to the frame so one is horizontal and the other is vertical.

John
BT7