[Healeys] BJ8 Speedo not working

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 08:16:31 MDT 2021

It works fine on jackstands in gear with the engine running, but not on
the road? That is odd, and I've dealt with quite a few speedo issues
over the years.

The angle drive requires a small washer in the adapter on, I think, the
OD side of the adapter (Moss# 324-720). I believe it's to reduce wear,
but could be a factor (without out it, the angle drive could have
issues, as Michael suggested). Inside the speedo, the cable drives a
magnet carrier, which drives the speed needle and a worm gear, which
drives the odometer and trip meter gears. Does the odometer work, but
not the speed needle?

Bob