[Healeys] 100 manifolds/ air cleaner finsh

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:32:06 MDT 2021

To give a some background on my project. I'm working on a 56' standard 100 BN2. 90k mile car stored indoors for over 40 years.  Some areas of the car are amazingly original/ clean/ untouched. But of course it has its demons as well. So I'm doing a lot of "preservation" where possible, and restoration where needed.

Anyway, in reading the concours standards it sounds like the standard 100 intake manifold and exhaust manifold are painted engine color? I have traces of engine color on the balance pipe, but absolutely nothing on the intakes.

I was thinking of painting the air cleaners with hammortone silver/aluminum paint and overpainting with a light coat of engine color, but was interested in what others have done to achieve the correct look?

Thanks all, Shawn

The Millers

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test drive."