[Healeys] Voltage regulator query

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Sep 29 19:58:07 MDT 2020

I have had a solid state regulator in my Bugeye for several years now and it performs flawlessly.  It is better on the battery also.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 1:40 PM, Ron Fine<ronfineesq at earthlink.net> wrote:   I have just decided to try a solid state regulator (BN7).  The last two
regulators I have installed over a 25 year period came from Moss but I don't
know where they were made.
I have spoken to some other owners and done a lot of on line research.
There are at least 3 or 4 different solid state regulators currently being
advertised.  It fits inside the original Lucas regulator box and the parts
are manufactured in England.  The older I get the more I am searching for
reliability as long as it doesn't change the look and feel of my Healey.

Good luck with your search.

Ron Fine