[Healeys] Heater valve

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 10:17:55 MDT 2020

I'm confused (yeah, that's a semi-normal state for me). If we're talking
about the valve on the heater box--controlled with a push knob on the
fascia--it seems like it has a larger opening than the brass valve on
the block (the one that most of us forget to exercise and sometimes
break the handle off trying to turn; Bob Yule has replacements). Anyway,
I'm not a hydraulic engineer, but I gotta believe the flow is limited by
the smallest opening in the circuit. It's been a while since I had my
block/brass valve on the bench, but I remember a very small opening;
about a quarter-inch diameter (it's a simple ball valve). So, opening up
the box valve won't accomplish much, if anything, unless there was a way
to open up the block valve. Given the block valves are pretty fragile,
and not cheap, I'd be loathe to take a drill to it.

Bob