[Healeys] Clutch (I think) problem

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:20:29 MDT 2020

I jacked up the car this morning and observed the clutch linkage operation
while actuating the pedal from underneath.  Beyond the initial 1/2" or so
of free play at the top of the pedal there was an additional bit of slop
caused by the pedal's rotating on the transverse shaft, indicating wear in
either the bolt that passes through the shaft or the hole--or both.  I did
not have time today to do more than tighten down the nut, which eliminated
the excess slop and appears to temporarily eliminate the problem, though a
permanent fix will come from getting a new bolt through the hole.  More
tomorrow....

Best--Michael Oritt