[Healeys] 100-4 Tires

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 10:35:05 MDT 2020

I'll bite. Yes, tires spec'd for tubes should run tubes, but there's
reasons tubeless tires became popular: Tubes can chafe against the
tires, causing leaks--happened to me (yes, they were properly installed,
with talc)--or even blowouts, and tubed tires run hotter than tubeless
(I know Richard knows this, but some might not).

I think there's a difference between rims and beads that were designed
for running with tubes, and those that were designed for tubeless, but
I've never really understood/can't recall the science of it. Whether
it's a safety hazard or not, I also don't know either; maybe a hexpert
can chime in?

Bob