[Healeys] FS series keys -- what are the odds?

Max Byers sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Sep 19 03:28:40 MDT 2020

Phase 1 BJ8s used FP series keys, Phase 2 used FS series.
A survey of the BJ8 registry for 9,475 cars shows 77 different FS keys were used from FS.833 to FS.979.

This reminds me of when I was in high school and I discovered that the key to my '55 Chevy would start my grandpa's '57 just fine.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

---------------------
Our friends with a '66 MGB they bought new lost their last ignition key.  Just on a lark,  I suggested trying the keys from my '66 BJ8, and one of them worked.

How many different FS series keys were made?

- Tom

On 9/18/2020 3:06 PM, Tom via Healeys wrote:
> Our friends with a '66 MGB they bought new lost their last ignition
> key.  Just on a lark,  I suggested trying the keys from my '66 BJ8,
> and one of them worked.
>
> How many different FS series keys were made?
>
> - Tom

Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Healeys at autox.team.net