[Healeys] 100-4 Tires

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Fri Sep 18 23:57:19 MDT 2020

Here is the factory original 590-15 Dunlop Road Speed mounted on the
standard 48 spoke rim. This is an early car and it has the "big"
fenders and the "A" springs, so the clearance is tighter than the
later cars. They do fit and have not seen any scrubbing, but try to
put your hand in to roll the car and watch out for pinching! I have to
carefully roll it from the rear tires.
Also, here is picture of the Michelin 165SR 15 radials mounted on the
stock 60 spoke wheels on my BJ8 which, by the way originally, when
new, likewise came with Dunlop 590-15 bias tires. I still have the
spare.
As a driving set for the 100, I bought Michelin165-15 to use on tours,
but due to the covid have not tried them out. They will have good
clearance as they are much shorter than the 590s. The bias tires are a
bit scary and unless you use tire guards under them when storing the
car, they run with a flat spot for about 5 miles. Hank

via Healeys"