[Healeys] Water Pump Question

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at icloud.com
Wed Sep 16 14:57:50 MDT 2020

   I am in the process of putting my engine back together and upon cleaning the water pump, I found the bottom of the pump to be thick with what appeared to be grease. As I cleaned the grease away I found a hole at the bottom of the housing. Is this normal? I have a 1955 BN1 and I have to admit, I have never looked at the bottom of a 100 water pump.
   Was there once a grease fitting there? Are all of them open like this? I'm cleaning it to repaint and reinstall, but I'm a bit concerned and need the wisdom of the list to relieve my tension.
   Thanks in advance guys,
Steven Kingsbury
BN1