[Healeys] BJ8 Production start dates

Max Byers sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Sep 13 12:01:29 MDT 2020

Neil, Phase 1 assembly began with chassis 25317 on 11 October 1963 (the first chassis number, 25315, was not started until 20 January 1964).    Phase 2 production “officially” began with the first Phase 2 chassis number, 26705 on 12 May 64 (26740 was begun the same day); however the cars were not built in strict chassis number sequence, so there were other (higher) chassis numbers started earlier:

Chassis 31338 was begun (and finished) on 5 Apr 64.   I have no record (so far) of any Phase 2 chassis number being started earlier than April 1964.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large