[Healeys] stub axles, Part 2

Max Byers sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Sep 13 05:38:02 MDT 2020

Sorry, Jim, I am a bit late to the party.  The threads are 11/16" x 16
threads per inch.  If the nut threads are messed up I think new nuts are
available.  If it's the stub axle threads, an alternative to a die would be
a thread file.
I needed to dress the stripped threads on an MG Midget rear axle housing and
found a thread file on-line to do the job.  It has cutters for 11, 12, 13,
14, 16, 18, 20 and 24 tpi on it.  It is useful when a die doesn't exist or
the size is too large for a die.

Cheers!
Steve