[Healeys] How Should the Door Striker Assembly Work?

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 20:24:22 MDT 2020

Actually the thin metal tube is the outer sleeve of a small Metalastic
bush, they have a thin metal sleeve on the inner diameter as well.
I have searched the world for replacement bushes without luck ☹
With a Metalastic bush the rubber is bonded to the inner and outer sleeve
(Metalastic were masters at bonding steel to rubber) and it is that bonding
which makes the striker work properly.