[Healeys] Severe electrical issue

Max Byers sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Sep 9 16:05:21 MDT 2020

Fuel gauge, tachometer, turn signals, wipers, brake lights, and the heater blower all operate off of the top fuse in the fuse box.  If it is not blown, it may not be making good electrical contact.

I got tired of chasing the circuit that caused that fuse to blow, so I added an auxiliary fuse box under the dash and broke all of those circuits (except heater blower) out each with its own fuse.  Sure does make troubleshooting a lot easier and quicker.

By the way, the modification was made without cutting the original wiring harness so it is completely reversible.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large