[Healeys] Severe electrical issue

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:34:02 MDT 2020

Listers,

I drove my 66 BJ8 Saturday and Sunday, everything was normal.  Glorious
weather in the North Carolina mountains.  Monday everything became
strange.

I put the key in the ignition and started the car in the normal manner.  I
then realized that many things were not working.  The car started normally,
the ignition light came on and went off as it should, overdrive works,
headlights work, high beam light works, the alternator is charging the
battery properly and the fuses are not blown.

These are the things that I know are not working: gas gauge, turn signals,
tach, wipers, brake lights and front parking lights (the rear are working).

I have looked at the wiring diagram and I am at a loss.  Where do I start
looking for this problem?

Help,

Fred
66 BJ8