[Healeys] Under Dash Brackets

S.Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Sat Oct 24 09:14:36 MDT 2020

       Well, here’s a bafflement:  Why was the fresh-air control the only interior item that a DPO changed (except for the butchered front seats)?  The parcel shelf has two pairs of oval holes, one on each side (LHD/RHD use).  A rummage in the basement today turned up the straight bracket in my photo, tagged “Air vent bracket—is this original?  Hole should be D-shaped.”  And the pull is tagged, “Is bracket original?”  Now I know the answer to both questions is “NO.”   But it should be easy to fabricate a new bracket from photos of other cars, which show the (twisted) bracket on the left side of the shelf.
       One learns something every day from this List---
       Sarah Carr
       BN1 in PA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10