[Healeys] Which Monza Cap Supplier?

Bruce Steele healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 7 21:24:55 MDT 2020

Denis Welch sells both the Monza and Aston style filler caps.  I purchased
the Aston style and had a nut welded onto the inside of the filler pipe to
secure the cap ring with a hex head set screw (see attached; sorry it's a
bit blurry, but you get the idea).  I thought that superior to affixing the
mounting ring permanently.  Yes, the nut is behind the direction of force,
but there's no need to tighten the set screw to the point of jeopardizing
the weld.  The Monza is $56.33 (less shipping) at current exchange rates on
the DWR website.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7