[Healeys] Healey Fiesta

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Nov 30 11:07:09 MST 2020

A bit to quick on the send button.

I love high revving engines. The best ones were the small Honda's in the
60's like the S800, 4-carb 790cc DOHC all of 75hp at 8000rpm and in race
trim quite a bit more at around 10.000rpm. Very fast on the track
together with the Fiat Abarths and Mini Coopers of the time. Ran rings
around the mustangs.

These cars are much better suited to European roads than heavy US iron.
On long straight roads with a bad surfaces the US cars were on top though.

It culminated in the Honda S2000 of some years back.

Kees Oudesluijs